Although a hair cut is at the center of our services, LYKE is truly about more than just hair. It’s about friendship, support, and compassion… for the homeless and for each other. In addition, many steps take place before a successful event. Our goal is to contribute to the well-being of those we serve through preparation, outreach, and genuine kindness. To make that dream a reality, we need dedicated volunteers.
Some of our current projects include:
- Event photography and video editing
- Writing articles for the web and local magazines
- Event management (e.g., scheduling, bringing food, etc.)
- Forming and maintaining partnerships with social service sites
- Graphics design (e.g., flyers)
- Sharing on social media
- Developing online educational trainings for stylists
- Developing volunteer orientations
- Creating videos to share online
- Designing LYKE products and kits to give to the homeless
You may have a skill or talent that you could add to this list, but all you need to make a difference is your compassion for those in need. Please complete the form below to register as a volunteer. We look forward to including you in this fulfilling work.